Saturday, September 26, 2009

Journey into the Bubble
















A new blog from a UK donor conceived woman, Alison Davenport, called Journey into the Bubble, chronicles Alison's late-discovery of being donor conceived after learning she has "odd DNA" when she needed a bone marrow transplant.  

Her story is both heartbreaking and intriguing as she speaks out for the cause of identifying donors, and of the danger of genetic disease and how it can be even more difficult for those of unknown parentage.  

I meant to point her blog out several months ago (and maybe I did, I honestly cannot remember at this point!!) but even if I did I want to reiterate Journey into the Bubble as a highly recommended read for ANYONE thinking of using a donor, for recipient parents, and for donor conceived adults.

No comments: